Sunday, February 14, 2010

I love.... I love you Day!


It has been a really wonderful Valentines. It took me a couple of years to transition from romantic couple stuff to a family love day. But really I love this new version with the whole family, full of hugs and showing how much I love my little kidlet's. This is why I became a Mom. So I could do all the special things that my Mommy did for me as a little girl that just made me feel so loved.  All the little detail's that I fully appreciate now that I have my own little ones.
So when the kids went to bed last night, Hubby and I stayed up and decorated the kitchen table and area and set up their I love you day present's. I remember my Mom got my sister and I mailbox's one year and filled them with sweet little things and Valentines.... I looked all over town for the old school style ones with the little flag that goes up, but did find any. So I made do with little red suitcase's.
The kids were over the moon when they woke up this morning and I could not wipe the smile off my face seeing them soooo happy, Roman kept saying this was the best party in the world! Gotta love that boy.
We had a lovely breakie of heart shaped pancakes and then went for a walk and enjoyed the gorgeous sunny weather.

                           
Yes, the cherry blossom's are out here in Victoria! No snow here!

 Hubs is cooking up a storm as I type this, it smell's like a very yummy dinner! I am looking forward to my bubble bath and wine after dinner. I really am loving my life. I am blessed over and over with this lovely little family I have.


Here is some fun V-Day get to know you from Mannland5, head on over and link up!
The questions..

1. Favorite Valentine's candy?  Cherry heart shaped lollipop's, and Ferrero Rocher
2. Pink or red? I like red, Esme loves pink.... 
3. Will you be doing anything to celebrate today? Lot's....See above!
4. Do you put up Valentine's decorations? Sure did!





I made the girl's braided headband's too!


5. What does Valentine's Day mean to you? Sharing it with the ones you love and shower them with your love, to make them feel just oh so special! 
6. Would you rather get..flowers, candy, or a night out? A night out would be nice, and some flowers too




 They are few with 3 kids..... funny though, by the end of the night we miss the kids and want to tuck them into bed...
We did make it out on Thursday night when we heard back that everything was sorted out and we signed all the papers for our new house. We went out to a nice dinner at a little bistro, then saw a movie. Pretty nice after a really stressful week with house stuff. 


7. Sexy lingerie or nothing.at.all? I like a little black lingerie never hurt's to make you feel sexy, sure hub's agrees :)
8. Do you say Valentine's Day or Valentime's Day? Valentines, really I am educated....



I hope you all had a lovely I love you Day with your loved ones. We sure did.  
xoxo Lexylou