Monday, December 13, 2010

Falling off the blog wagon...

I having falling off the blog wagon, dropped the blogging ball, let down the blogging word, blah blah.
To tell you all the truth I have been busy. I am really concentrating on my little side business of making pretty hair accessories for women and little girl's, finishing up my website which I have painfully been designing myself. Christmas time is always my most busy with a bazillion craft fair's that I go to all over the place. I feel like I live out of a suitcase, and then when I am at home, I live in my craft room... But truth be told, I LOVE every minute. I have found a calling and I just love what I do! So let's hope that I can really make it happen into something more than just a side craft business?! 
But I am FINALLY done all the fair's and such and I can now relax! Well not too much as I am now in 5 new shop's!! Yeah! So I want to keep them happy and keep the stock up in them.
My last fair, which was last night, was actually at my house. I decided to do a "studio" style open house fair with 4 other super talented local artisan's that I admire their work. They are all stay at home Mama's, all are so creative, all are very cool and we  have decided to do a craft get together night once a month. A "stitch and bitch" so to speak a "craft and drink" a "get out of the house and away from the kiddies" night! I am very looking forward to all of the above.... Maybe we should do it twice a month?! 


Christmas time is also my most favorite time of year, I start decorating the house as soon as Nov.25th rolls around and I crack out all the decoration's and go all Martha Stewart on the house for 3 days straight with no sleep (it's a sickness, by the the way, I can't seem to stop myself) Luckily my hubby love's Christmas just as much, I would just die, really I would, if I was married to a scrooge or a Christmas Grinch!! 
I am just loading up all the pictures I took of the house and of the Open house that I will put up in the next couple of days.
Also I have been missing soooooo much from all my favorite blogging friends, they are doing some many fun and exciting things.
-some are pregnant -some moved into a new house -other's got Hunter Wellies!!! YOU KNOW WHAT????
                         SO DID I! 


After a good year of pulling a Wayne Campbell and saying "They will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine" They are MINE! 


They are a beautiful grey-ish  dark blue, and good golly do they ever make me happy!I had them right beside my bed the first week so when I woke up I saw them first thing in the morning and it is just pure love.... I am creating every outfit I will wear around them, "Would this look good with my Hunter's?" 
"Oh, if I bought this it would look amazing with my Wellies"
What can I say?! Lauren would know what I am talking about! Really I know spending $150 on gumboot's must seem silly to some, but I am now a believer that you can not put a price on happiness. And do they ever make me happy... 
I promise to be a better blogging blogger... I do miss it and I think of fun blog post I want to put up all the time, this is my solemn swear, I, Alexis aka Lexylou will blog at least once a week, that is my New year's resolution!


Well I have one last thought...
I have this blog, Mad Times, that is more my personal one, and my shop blog, Little Yellow Basket. I know a lot of people that have a business and just have one blog, not two. And look at me, I have a hard enough time for one!!?? So here is my question to you wise reader's...
Should I axe one and merge to the other?
Which one should I axe?
Would you prefer a shop that had a personal type blog, are just strictly business?
Thank-you for your input!
I hope you are all having a wonderful season so far! I look forward to reading all about it!
.

xoxo Lexylou